Join Us In Preserving Natural Resources
The Composting Network's Residential Composting Program is now accepting applications for new customers! Sign Up Now!
Residential Composting customers are required to pay an initial processing fee of $35.00. For this one-time fee, you will receive a 32-gal Compost Can. There is an additional monthly fee which will be as follows:
Louisiana Department of Agriculture/State Rules and Regulations
- Cans must be placed curbside for pickup before the specified time (between 1AM and 6AM) on the day of your zone's pickup.
- Renewals are done monthly. If you would like to change your service or terminate your contract, you must wait until the end of the month.
- Discontinuation of service will result in a "container pickup fee". If the can is not returned, you will be charged a retroactive fee for said can.
- If you have missed your weekly pickup date and would like to have your can/s picked up that week, you may request a pickup for $10.
- Containers must be able to close completely. If your can is filled over the brim, you will be charged a "lid charge" of $10.
- Residents will be held accountable for the damage, theft, and replacement of cans. Cans are sponsored and must be maintained by said resident. Failure to comply to the rules and regulations will result in the removal of can/s from residence.
Rules for Special Events
- If you are hosting a special event at your residence (ex: spring cleaning, parties, etc.) and would like additional cans, please inform us of your requirement 2 days in advance.